grooming day instructions
1) Please make sure your dog does not have any matting before bringing him/her to their appointment. Even if you have a good brushing routine, it’s best to line brush the day before or day of your dog’s grooming appointment to avoid extra fees. Beginning January 2024, our de-matting fee is increasing to $1 per minute.
2) Make sure your dog is up to date on immunizations within the last two years. Beginning January 2024, we will require proof of immunizations. If there is a common kennel cough outbreak or any other virus, you'll be increasing your dog's chances and those around them of staying healthy.
3) If you dog is in heat, please reschedule your appointment.
4) Dogs that have been bred will require a negative brucellosis test.
5) Please reschedule or cancel your dog's appointment if they are showing signs of being sick. If you dog has the following symptoms, we will refuse service:
6) Make sure your dog is on flea prevention, especially during the summer. If your dog is infested with fleas, we will have to remove them during their bath and blow dry, resulting in a $15 fee.
7) If your dog is taking an anxiety medication specifically for their grooming appointment, please provide us with the medication to administer to the dog.
8) Make sure your dog uses the bathroom BEFORE they leave their home for their appointment.
9) We work on an appointment based schedule, and drop off times are scheduled accordingly. If you need to bring your dog prior to your drop off time due to personal or work based scheduling conflicts, let us know so we can make sure someone is available to accommodate you between appointments. If you need to drop off before 9am, early drop off times are between 7:30 and 8:30.
10) Drop off and pick up procedure:
TEXT me when you arrive, and I'll meet you and your dog at your vehicle. We will walk your dog(s) from your vehicle to the salon due to liability purposes.
We will text you when we're finished with your dog's groom.
When you arrive for pickup, please send us a text to let us know. We'll bring your dog to your vehicle when you arrive.
Please do not arrive before we text you, assuming your dog is finished. This causes traffic issues for those coming and going.
11) We try to have each dog here no more than 3-5 hours after the scheduled drop off time. We don't like to rush because it causes stress for the groomer and the dog, and some dogs need to take breaks due to anxiety. If you have a time constraint and need your dog finished by a specific time, please let us know and we’ll do our best to work with you. Our first appointments are always the fastest, so if you’re concerned about how your dog does while waiting their turn, it’s best to schedule them for the first available appointments.
12) If your dog must stay all day (8 hours or more) due to your work schedule, there will be a $10/dog boarding fee added to your total.
13) All dogs must be picked up by 6pm if their grooms are done.
14) Payment: When we’re finishing up with your dog, I’ll send a text stating that we’re almost finished and let you know how much it’ll be. We take venmo (@rdlgrooming), cash, or check for payment. If you choose to pay by check, you can make it out to RDL Grooming, LLC. A $5 late fee will be added to your total if not paid by end of the day.